Get to know me - Carmen Ceisy
Hello everyone out there,
my name is Carmen Ceisy Lehter and I`m 15 years old, the youngest in Estonian group. I`m going to 9th grade at Tartu Karlova School. I'm so blessed to be here, in this living situation - in a few days, I am one of these young people who is going to the United States with the Youth Leadership Program. I can't wait for this experience and I need to admit that I'm a little bit nervous too, but in a good way.
Now a little about me. I'm from Tartu, Estonia. It's like one of the biggest cities in Estonia, but now this is small for me and that's why I love this town. Here is everything I need and you can see a lot of nature here. But I moved here in 2017 (yeah, last year) and before I lived in a small "town" named Koeru, it's almost the heart of Estonia. Middle of Estonia. And there is nature everywhere, almost no traffic, no malls etc. And then me, a little country girl, moved to a big city. Yeah, firstly Tartu was big for me. But I think when I've been in the U.S. then even our capital city, Tallinn, is small for me!
![]() |
| Tartu city |
When I lived in Koeru then I did a lot of things, I was a folk dancer for a long time, I sang in the choir and I was a member of the Student Body in Koeru High School. Last year me and my few friends set up a (mini) Student Company Vana Uues Kuues (now it`s over) and there were many other things, what I did.
In Tartu, I`m also a member of the Student Body. Now I`m the member of Kodutütred movement (in English it`s an Estonian equivalent to the Girl Scouts). I`m volunteering in many different places and I help organize events etc.
I need to thank Ede Schank Tamkivi, who sent me Youth Leadership Program's application. I filled it and sent it. Next, I got an email that I`m a semifinalist and need to do an interview with the Estonian Embassy of the United States. I did it and I thought that I screwed up, but a few weeks after that I got the email, where says that I got into this program. I was so thankful and surprised.
And then was the right time to start thinking about traveling. Some people ask if I`m nervous. Yes, I am, but I hope and think that this is just the normal traveling nerve. Because almost no-one can go aboard without it.
My thoughts about this program are that I hope I can see how the United States do their things and I can be with new and different people than in Estonia. I`m sure that I take a lot of necessary thoughts and skills with me.
But when you want to hear and see what we do in America, then read our blog!
Wish the best for all of you,
Carmen Ceisy Lehter

Kommentaarid
Postita kommentaar