Get to know me - Eidi
Hello you all!
My name is Eidi Paas. I`m 16 years old and I am one of the
Estonian group for Youth Leadership Program. We will spend almost 1 month in USA and learn about community
engagement, leadership, diversity, civic responsibility, and human rights as
well as many other sub-themes including social media, government, and
environmental awareness. I`m so so nervous(in good way) and excited about all this. I have always loved
travelling, but this time it is not just travelling. It is more like learning
about new things, meeting new people with whom we can build lasting
relationships and build an international community of friends from the United
States. My expectations to "YLP" are definitely self-development, getting new experiences and meeting new people. This is an opportunity I am very happy about!
So I tell little about how I got into this program. First of
all, I applied for a program to study in U.S for a year, but unfortunately I did not get there. I later received an email notifying me
of the new program – YLP. And yes, of course I decided to try. I did everything
I needed and soon I received an email saying that I was able to go through the
interview round. Some weeks later I got
phone call (I wasn`t able to do skype call) and the last thing was email where
I got to know that I participate in this program. It was a moment where I was
extremely happy. I did not believe that one dream would come true so soon. So
my advice to everyone is that if you fail to succeed once then you have plenty of options to try again until
you succeed.
![]() |
| Põltsamaa Castle courtyard |
And now some things about me :D
I live in town called
Põltsamaa. It´s very small but lovely. I graduated from middle school this summer and next
3 years of high school I am going to live in Tartu. When I studied in our
school (PÜG) I was member of our Student Council and our school 4H club. I love reading books and like handicrafts.
I love to walk in nature and running as well.( At the moment, I do not really
do much running) I was previously involved in dancing, speed skating, yoga and volleyball.
![]() |
| Põltsamaa river and "rose island" |
So, that is all for now. I will pack my last things together and after two days we will fly.
Soon you will hear more about my experiences and emotions. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Have a nice day! :D


Kommentaarid
Postita kommentaar